Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

building you own

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

hi

i wanted to build my own BIG micro controller

one whit about 50I/O's and 16ADC's the memory ram is good whit about 16Kb..

is it possible to just grap a cpu and memory chip from microship.com and connect them togethher..???

and connect prograamming program to it and start programming..??/
=============================================
2nd i now have a oopic..??

is it easy to read the core information from the chip..??
does the chip has core information..??? to work whit the object or is the trick in the compiler..???

TKS

Its not that simple!. It takes months of planning and many brains to make a microcontroller that actually works.

If you want you can design and emulate your own microcontroller in Hardware Description Languages like VHDL.

2) No its not possible to read core info. from any uP/uC existing in this universe. Its all trade secret. Everyone can tell its "Intel Inside" but none can and will tell you whats "Inside Intel"? :)

no no no

i know i'm a newbie

but i not mean the microcontroller himself

just the controllerboard and the I/O ports en de mem chips..ect..

not the chip him self...

TKS

txs..!!!

THAT IS what i looked for

a pic whit as many i/o ports and also allot of A/D converters...

hope he has it to..

TKS..

wy don't use

wy they don't use a pic18..??/

its almoste the same 1 piece price and it already has the 50I/O's...??

TKS

Even though their price is same, their working is very different. PICs does not have external data/address bus to deal with external memory and I/O devices which the shown circuit makes maximum use of.

As long as you have the IO decoding and lots of latches you can do any thing try a pic18f458 (32k eeprom) or a z80 with flash rom and some ram it is not as hard to biuld as you might think and programming in hex code is no harder to get the hang of then some other langs and it runs very fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back