Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required building simple controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a EC fan which came with a simple speed control unit which plugs into the mains voltage fan itself ( I believe the control side only works on 0-10v). The speed control consists simply of a 10Kohm potentiometer on a 5mt long lead which plugs into the fan body (tiny three pin plug/socket).

As a matter of interest, the fan runs full speed if the controller (pot) is unplugged.

I would love to be able to replace the simple pot with a unit which would control the fan speed based on temperature (using remote sensor). More precisely, I would like to be able to set a minimum fan speed with one control pot, and have thus the fan speed auto ramp according to the set temperature (second control pot). I'm sure this is a simple task if you know what you are doing. I do have some very basic electronic understanding, but not enough to design this I'm afraid.
Appreciate any help, thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back