Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building project in MPLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...

Hi,

I am unable to get the hexadecimal file output after the build of project.

All i am getting is - as shown in thumbnail.

How to convert it into hexadecimal file.

Regards,

Simran..

Thumbnail...

Thumbnail...

Regards,

Simran..

Attachments

• Object file.jpg
    Object file.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 216
Hi Simran,
From the Project Menu, in MPLab, choose Build Options -> Project. Select the MPASM /C17 /C18 Suite tab. Click on Build Normal Target (Invoke MPLINK), rather than Build Library Object (Invoke MPLIB) (which is probably selected in your case.) Then click OK, and make your project.

Hi..

BeeBop said:
Hi Simran,
From the Project Menu, in MPLab, choose Build Options -> Project. Select the MPASM /C17 /C18 Suite tab. Click on Build Normal Target (Invoke MPLINK), rather than Build Library Object (Invoke MPLIB) (which is probably selected in your case.) Then click OK, and make your project.

Hi Sir,

Actually my MPLAB is version 8.00.

Can you help me in one way...

I am able to build the project but i wanted to know how to achieve the hexadecimal file.

Regards,

Simran..

You should still do as BeeBop says as this is the likely cause of your problem and it is exactly the same in version 8.0.

Mike.

Ok...

Now i understand what Beebop was saying...

I tried , everything went well...

but Sorry... didnt got hexadecimal file...:eek:

Regards,

Simran..

Can you post the output window.

IE,
Make: The target "C:\Projects\C18 LCD\Main.o" is out of date.
Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4550 /i"C:\Projects\C18 LCD" "Main.c" -fo="Main.o" -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
MPLAB C18 v3.12 (feature limited)
Copyright 1999-2005 Microchip Technology Inc.
This version of MPLAB C18 does not support the extended mode
and will not perform all optimizations. To purchase a full
copy of MPLAB C18, please contact your local distributor or
visit buy.microchip.com.
Make: The target "C:\Projects\C18 LCD\I2C.o" is up to date.
Make: The target "C:\Projects\C18 LCD\LCD.cof" is out of date.
Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mplink.exe" /l"C:\MCC18\lib" "C:\MCC18\lkr\18f4550i.lkr" "C:\Projects\C18 LCD\Main.o" "C:\Projects\C18 LCD\I2C.o" /o"LCD.cof" /M"LCD.map" /W
MPLINK 4.12, Linker
Copyright (c) 2007 Microchip Technology Inc.
Errors : 0

MP2HEX 4.12, COFF to HEX File Converter
Copyright (c) 2007 Microchip Technology Inc.
Errors : 0

Loaded C:\Projects\C18 LCD\LCD.cof.
BUILD SUCCEEDED: Mon Feb 04 19:52:37 2008

Hi...

:eek:
Sorry for bothering again...

See...

Two thumbnails have been posted...:eek:

Regards,

Simran..:)

Attachments

• Build options.jpg
    Build options.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Output window.jpg
    Output window.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 129
Have you tried doing a search for 16f877ATMPO.HEX, it should be in a folder called abc on your desktop.

Mike.

Hi...

Hi Mike,

You are right... it has to be there... but, i feel it has been converted to some other file... see..

Regards,

Simran..

Attachments

• Output files.jpg
    Output files.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 126
You have the file extensions hidden. In that folder go to tools>folder options. Click the view tab and find the "Hide extension for known file types" and untick it.

Mike.

Do not have the file extensions hidden.

It's one of Windozes worst features.

How could you tell whether someone's sending you a text documant or a virus program, if you can't see the extension?

Hero999 said:
Do not have the file extensions hidden.
Here's a copy of my rant about the subject to wmmullaney. This rant assumes Windoze XP. If you're running Win98 you'll have to adjust to suit.
Yes, Microsoft assumes that all users are complete morons (they're not totally wrong ) and configures the OS accordingly. You have to configure Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) properly yourself to make it useable for non-chimps. The pretty pictures (icons) are for stupid people. Get rid of them. (If I wanted cute I'd buy a frickin Mac )

NOTE: These instructions are for Windows XP
In Explorer, go Tools/Folder Options/View. Once there you should set these:
1. Check - Display the contents of system folders
2. Check - Display the full path in the title bar
3. Select - Show hidden files and folders
4. Uncheck - Hide extensions for known file types
5. Uncheck - Hide protected operating system files

That's it in there. Click OK.

In the menu bar in View, change view to Details. Turn on Status Bar. In View/Toolbars shut off Address Bar and Links. Hit F5 to update the screen. Then go back to Tools/Folder Options/View and click on the "Apply to All Folders" button.

Right click the Standard Buttons toolbar and "Unlock the Toolbars". Then right click it again (in a spot where there are no buttons) and select Customize. At the bottom, in Icon Options, select Small Icons. In the right pane (Current toolbar buttons) remove Back and Forward. Close that.

Then grab the toolbar (left click on it) by its handle (the four dots at its left edge) and drag it up to the menu bar. Drop it as far left as you can without covering up Help. Then right click it and lock it there.

Do this stuff even if you think you hardly ever use Windows Explorer. Those Folder Options/View settings work everywhere in Windoze because Explorer is used everywhere in Windows by every program (file browsers). It's like Nautilus in Linux.

Last edited:
Toolbar options...

Hi,

Thanks for helping...

Please check the toolbars in thumbnail...

Regards

Simran..:)

Attachments

• Toolbar options.jpg
    Toolbar options.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 122
I'm guessing that you have to be logged in as administrator to change it.

Mike.

Thanks...

Thanks mike and everyone...

I feel i can retrieve the hexadecimal file by right click > open with > notepad.

As the tools menu in my folder is not full ...

Also there is no folder called " Folder options " in my computers control panel.

See the comparison...

Regards,

Simran..

Attachments

• Tools menu.jpg
    Tools menu.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 111
Is this your PC or a school/Uni/Work PC. Can you log in as Administrator?

Mike.

Ya...

Ya...

This pc is handled to me by company.

Secondly, this pc was formatted and new windows was installed.

Well... all's well that ends well...

Regards,

Simran..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back