Building project in MPLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

When i was making project in MPLAB - i encountered the following problem.

Page 30 of this pdf says - there should be no errors...

But i am getting the error as shown in the thumbnail...

Any suggestions...

Regards,

Simran..

Attachments

• MPLAB_Getting_Started.pdf
    836.2 KB · Views: 255
  • Build not done.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 250
You have to add the asm file to your project. You can do that from the Project menu, for example, clicking 'Add Files to Project...'

ya..

Ya...

I was also thinking the same thing... as how a project can be build without asm file...

Thanks...

but a new question comes... where is the window where can i write my program (.asm) that has to be included...

As i am newbie in this...

Regards,

Simran..

One more thing...

According to the MPLAB Manual... the template file ( .asm file ) should be automatically created by MPLAB as shown in this thumbnail...

But here i've not got any of that...

Please check if this problem can be solved...

Please see this thumbnail also that tells .asm file auto created...

Regards,

Simran..

Attachments

• template file.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 221
No, according to the guide you can select a template file to start a project.

ADDING FILES TO THE PROJECT
Step Four of the Project Wizard allows file selection for the project. A source file has not yet been selected, so we will use an MPLAB IDE template file. The template files are simple files that can be used to start a project. They have the essential sections for any source file, and contain information that will help you write and organize your code.

I would suggest that you start a project with a new blank asm file and copy&paste the template code, without overwriting the original file.

[OT] I read that your country lost more than half its Internet bandwidth because of a failure in an undersea cable. Has the problem been fixed?

Last edited:
Thanks sir...

No, according to the guide you can select a template file to start a project.

ok ... i understand that it is not too important to use template file...

but sir then also... can i know the location of that file....

ADDING FILES TO THE PROJECT
Step Four of the Project Wizard allows file selection for the project...

I didnt find the location of template file... in step four...

I would suggest that you start a project with a new blank asm file and copy&paste the template code, without overwriting the original file.

ok.. i got it..

and i made the project easily using new asm file...

but problem comes as how can i copy that template code... (optional )

[OT] I read that your country lost more than half its Internet bandwidth because of a failure in an undersea cable. Has the problem been fixed?

It may take 15 to 20 days for that problem to be fixed... till then i feel that we are arranging from some other server... ( as i read in news...)

Regards,

Simran

Simran,

You have been posting various questions and code that you have written. How can you now ask such basic questions? How did you write your previous code?

Mike.

Simran jee, how come you get abc-MPLAB not MPLAB ? and did yoo see the note at thee nd of the clipping you loaded on your 1st post? registered version doesn't get this notice?

I suggest you better download from Microchip.com directly instead of from another source.

i never get this type of message.

mvs sarma said:
Simran jee, how come you get abc-MPLAB not MPLAB ?

If you must know, abc is the name of his project, albeit without any source file inside.

LOL. The trial version notice in the jpg is for the imaging software he is using to made the screen capture.

It has nothing to do with MPLAB.

according to the giude it goes wrong #I tried following that guide and it went wrong, just use the project wizard and import the asm file then build should be no probs

eblc1388 said:
If you must know, abc is the name of his project, albeit without any source file inside.

LOL. The trial version notice in the jpg is for the imaging software he is using to made the screen capture.

It has nothing to do with MPLAB.

gained a point today. Thanks L.Chung

Pommie said:
Simran,

You have been posting various questions and code that you have written. How can you now ask such basic questions? How did you write your previous code?

Mike.

When we are changing the microcontroller then it is easy to program in C .

Now i wanted to learn assembly of pic and gently transfer myself from 8051 to pic.

Regards,

Simran..

Sorry Simran, I got you mixed up with someone else.

Have you got a working project file now?

Mike.

Well...

Well ya...

Yesterday for the first time i made and build the project successfully...

But when today i am trying i am still finding some problems...

Taking the whole day for MPLAB understanding only...

- very different from 8051 tools like Raisonance...

But i am obliged that i am working on a professional tool.

Regards,

Simran..

I feel my build has succeeded ...

The smallest program was written :
Code:
ORG 0X00;

Main		

LOOP      GOTO      LOOP							

END

Regards,

Simran..

I am sorry but i wanted to say that the manual is having one small mistake on page 27 .

Hence, correction is needed for MPLAB Getting started manual.

The manual can be found on first post of this thread.

It should be written:

C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\Template\Object
\18F8722TMP0.ASM

It is written:

C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\Template\Object
\18F8722.

Regards,

Simran..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…