Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an easy task , try breaking it down into smaller pieces

I am guessing you have no programming expiernce
if you don't this is to complecatid of a project for you.

I recommend you reading a book on how to program so then it will be a lot easier.

www.robotbooks.com

Roboticinfo said:
I am guessing you have no programming expiernce
if you don't this is to complecatid of a project for you.

I recommend you reading a book on how to program so then it will be a lot easier.

www.robotbooks.com

Well i have been writing for software for years if you want to check my site www.vsisoftware.com go ahead. As far as programing a robot that would be no

Well the language is different from what you do, as I said previously I would recommend to get a book on c++ or assembly for the pic microcontroller or a book on basic for the pic which is the simplest language in my opinion although some people say c but every one is different.

www.robotbooks.com

www.amazon.com

Those two places are a good way to look although robot books is an opinion web site that has the books linked to amazon so it's pretty much amazon but more organized.

Do you have basic mechanical skills?

like cutting metal or using a rotary tool

In the general electronic chat forum, a fellow named Nigel you can find easy on most posts, has a website with PIC tutorials.

If you like BASIC, www.bastoc.com has some tutorials as well and a free BASIC compiler for the ATMEL line of chips (a microcontroller like the PIC).

I use both, ATMEL is easier on the pocket and a friend wrote the compiler on bastoc.com, so I lean that way a bit.. I also like to use the internal OSC as well. Saved me time on the breadboard, and parts ($).

Anyway, I think Roboticinfo meant micro-controller programming. I do Unix, Windows and micro-chips and it is all VERY different. Micros are much easier to me.. But I like Unix programming second. Windows is a lot of typing and looking up API stuff.. :)

It depends on what your scheme is. I mean, if you have a small car with a soda already loaded onto it, it can follow a line to a destination if there are no obstacles. This is quite possible. Having a mechanism to grab a soda is quite complicated. Having an understaning of exactly where it is in relation to the soda so it can grab it, or even open the fridge, is a very advanced task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back