Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help please..build a robot that can detect sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas to all our friends! I probably wont be on much for a little while as i got HEAPS!!!!!! of electronic books! Some are from 1952! As for the sound and bandpass, i have set up 2 servo's this morning, and i am trying it out, I am a little slow tho today, as i am not allowed to eat Christmas dinner in the lab:rolleyes: I have to sit with all the family today:confused:.

I know the object of the project is sound, but how about light? say a laser or IR? might be easier.

Sorry John, I didn't look at that link! Laser aimed IR would be pretty cool :D, but the sound idea with two ear's, is the sort of problem I like.

I was thinking laser on the home side not the robot, so the person could target the robot, or do you think that is too narrow? Also I was thinking the actual sensor and beam IR, but laser to show where the IR was pointing (roughly)

I think you want a spread, so the robot can use intensity to capture the beam and steer. If the robot is a little off from a laser, it will see nothing. Once it captures a laser, tracking might be more precise, but I believe the contests start with a relatively random placement.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back