Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bug zapper circuit HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf08

Hi,
i have been working on a coil gun for a while.
The coil gun isnt lethal :D but im having trouble charging my capacitors it started with a camara flash circuit then moved to the bug zapper racket circuit. the out put of the racket is 1.5k dc but the current is supper low so it takes for ever for them to charge. i wanted to rewind to transformer to make the out put voltage less and the current greater.

three electrolytic caps ;

voltage:330 dc
uf:120

Last edited:
If you're using mains why not use an isolation transformer?

You'll obviously need a way to limit the voltage but you could use a lower voltage transformer with a voltage multiplier circuit on the secondary.

Hi,
i have been working on a coil gun for a while.
The coil gun isnt lethal :D but im having trouble charging my capacitors it started with a camara flash circuit then moved to the bug zapper racket circuit. the out put of the racket is 1.5k dc but the current is supper low so it takes for ever for them to charge. i wanted to rewind to transformer to make the out put voltage less and the current greater.

three electrolytic caps ;

voltage:330 dc
uf:120

Hey I'm also trying to build one.I am trying it from 3 volts. if you want to discuss reply me on my latest post or roltex_rohit123@yahoo.com. Maybe we could solve our problem quickly. i have designed most of the components but only 2-3 are troubling me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back