Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buck boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Amey,

Welcome to ETO.

I see you are from India; care to put that next to 'Location' on your user page so that it displays in the window at the left of your posts.

You say that you want a circuit for an LM555 based buck boost power supply: afraid that is not enough information for us to give you a realistic answer. We need to know at least the following:

(1) Use of circuit
(2) Input voltage and current available (power supply for LM555)
(3) Output voltage range required
(4) Output current range required

spec

Crossed posts Eric :)

Hi Amey,

Welcome to ETO.

I see you are from India; care to put that next to 'Location' on your user page so that it displays in the window at the left of your posts.

You say that you want a circuit for an LM555 based buck boost power supply: afraid that is not enough information for us to give you a realistic answer. We need to know at least the following:

(1) Use of circuit
(2) Input voltage and current available (power supply for LM555)
(3) Output voltage range required
(4) Output current range required

spec

Crossed posts Eric :)
Hey...
I m trying to simulate the ckt which I got from Google....
There is so many problems​

Care to show us the circuit?

What simulator are you using?

spec

On simulators, many times you have to set up the initial conditions for the solution to converge.

The way to do so varies on each simulator. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Proteus.

Amey, post your circuit first, then they can help you precisely to simulate. Or they may attach the simulated file too.

Hi Amey,

Below is a part schematic showing the components in your original circuit re arranged.

The additional capacitors are decouplers: don't be tempted to omit then because they are essential for reliable and predictable operation of the circuit.

I have no idea what the input voltage is because you haven't said so there may be problems with the 555 12V supply line.

The output diode would work better if it were a high speed Schottky type.

I haven't completed the design or analyzed the pulse width modulation function or the feedback control; I thought you may like to experiment.:)

spec

2016_10_07_Iss1_ETO_BUCK_BOOST_SMPSU_Ver1.png

Last edited:
Thank u so much....
I will try this
E="spec, post: 1275813, member: 259274"]Hi Amey,

Below is a part schematic showing the components in your original circuit re arranged.

The additional capacitors are decouplers: don't be tempted to omit then because they are essential for reliable and predictable operation of the circuit.

I have no idea what the input voltage is because you haven't said so there may be problems with the 555 12V supply line.

The output diode would work better if it were a high speed Schottky type.

I haven't completed the design or analyzed the pulse width modulation function or the feedback control; I thought you may like to experiment.:)

spec

[/QUOTE]
Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back