Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafd

Hi

Can someone give me some info on how to get started with Bluetooth ?

I want to send the output of a multimeter via Bluetooth. Is there an out of the box solution ? (It's for a proof of concept so something that I could just hookup and pair would be good)

Any ideas on how to get started ?

Thanks

Hey mate!
You need microcontroller to interface with bluetooth. Bluetooth is basicly serial communication, only wireless (simplified explanation).
Also you need to interface microcontroller with multimeter, basic sequence how I'd do it;
init bluetooth->gather data to be sent via BT->send data.

But, before going further, what receiver you have, and what transmitter, as we need to deal with pairing too.
(example of receiver-transmitter pair would be pc-dongle and say hc-05, or hc-06, only latter can't serve as master, IE it can't pair, or like can't queue pairing, it is only paired to master IIRC)

ALSO, what multimeter you have? That can complicate stuff bit too.

You can get some multimeters with an RS232 interface. To use a Bluetooth module such as an HC05 or HC06 with this type of meter all you would need is a level converter to convert the rs232 signal level to 0 to 3.3 volt level. You could then use a terminal emulator program running on a PC with a Bluetooth interface configured as a com port.

Les.

I do a similar thing with my 'phone you can get android bluetooth serial terminal programs.

I have a really cheap 10 quid meter that has 0-5v rs232, I bet I could stuff a rs232 to bluetooth module on the end of it.
Wouldnt know why I'd want to do that, except for isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back