Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blood pressure update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surgery went well. Now it's time to heal. I already feel I have more depth perception. Funny how we take things for granted.

Thank you for your extended well being. I'm planning the YAG, next week.

So, far so good:)

kv

Good - don't forget to keep putting your drops in - even though they do sting a bit.

Thanks, Nigel.

The drops stopped stinging today, I had my follow up this morning. The doctor said it's showing good healing. I was able to get the YAG scheduled next wednesday and they will want to fit me for glasses next month.

Now I can see the difference between the Left and Right eye. The left eye needs the YAG treatment, I can't wait to read again, even the colors are more vivid.

I would do it all again and highly recommend it to anyone who needs it.

Hi KV

Just dropped in here. Glad things are improving with your Surgery and all. My eyes are also shot. I need an op too sooner rather than later :(

I have a battle to fight here though...hope I win the thing :rolleyes:

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Thanks, Nigel.

The drops stopped stinging today, I had my follow up this morning.

Have you noticed they ALWAYS say "these 'may' sting a little" - they know damn well they WILL sting :p

The doctor said it's showing good healing. I was able to get the YAG scheduled next wednesday and they will want to fit me for glasses next month.

Now I can see the difference between the Left and Right eye. The left eye needs the YAG treatment, I can't wait to read again, even the colors are more vivid.

I would do it all again and highly recommend it to anyone who needs it.

Yes it makes a MASSIVE difference - apparently Kindles are really bad for cataracts - not causing them, but as people struggle to read they just increase the font size and carry on reading :D

Have you noticed they ALWAYS say "these 'may' sting a little" - they know damn well they WILL sting :p

It even makes the Executioner feel like a nice guy; "This may cut your head off a little..."

Yag

I got the YAG yesterday, it's doing nicely. The Doctor said to expect floaters ( tissue ) broken up by the laser, which he said will be absorbed by the body.

I haven't seen them, just every once in awhile I have a focusing problem.

When the doctor would power the laser, I could hear a snap sound in the back of my head. I really thought that it was weird, I could actually see the tissue breaking up with each snap.

When he was done I couldn't see (Hardly at all) just darkness and green/blue hughes. The doctor said so, what do you think, I said what am I supposed to be seeing? I said it's really dark.

He said oh, that's because of the bright light we use, it will pass.

Sure enough it cleared up. But, for a minute I thought he burnt my eye out:p

I can't believe the Technology, I'm really glad to have my sight back. I can't wait to see the hobbit in 3D 42fps, I hear it's a bit different.
kv

Last edited:
The Doctor said to expect floaters ( tissue ) broken up by the laser, which he said will be absorbed by the body.

I think he lied :)

As far as I know floaters are permanent, and once there they don't 'disappear' - but by there nature may well float out of sight for considerable periods.

The 'man made' floaters from the YAG are probably larger than normal ones, and may tend to 'sink to the bottom' more than natural floaters.

My eye surgeon told me that "floaters" are normal and did not recommend zapping them. I was thinking about a "fluid change" for the eyes but that is not done.
Usually there are no floaters. I see some perfectly round black ones sometimes that last for a few hours.

The streaks of light caused by tissue reflections were zapped by the laser and the streaks became thinner but were still there. They are gone now.
2 days ago I had another inspection (every 4 months he collects a fee from the government) and he said that the macular degeneration that all old people get is stable and is not increasing. I have no symptoms.

The eye drops that dilate the iris (so the doctor can see inside) make everything appear very bright and change the focus so my vision is about 20-40.
Without the drops my vision is 20-15 to 20-20 from a distance of about 2m to infinity.

I asked my surgeon about new Lasik eye surgery that says, "never wear glasses again". One eye is for closeup and the other eye is for distant.
He said it is Mickey Mouse and costs the same as the adjustable focus lenses that he installs that are MUCH better. Your field of view (sense of distance) is ruined with the Mickey Mouse surgery. I asked him if he does surgery for people without cataracts but who wore glasses. He said many people get his adjustable focus lenses so they do not need glasses for the rest of their life and they never get cataracts.

I could not afford the adjustable focus lenses (they cost less now) and I do not mind wearing reading glasses. In a store I can squint at the fine print on a label and I can read it OK.

I was thinking about a "fluid change" for the eyes but that is not done.

Well it is 'done' - but not for trivial reasons - you would have to have a serious and disabling floater problem to make it worth the risk of the surgery.

My left eye was done, as a necessary part of the detached retina operation, where they suck all the fluid out and replace it with gas. The gas gradually dissolves away, and the eye fills up with aqueous humour instead of the previous vitreous humour.

If the eye is being drained just to get rid of floaters, I seem to recall they refill it with saline solution?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back