Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Black & Decker M200 Electric Mower

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyH42

Banned
My mother dump a new project on me yesterday, her 12 year old electric mower lost a wheel. Went over and took a look, and this thing is about 90% plastic, literally. Not only did one wheel break off, but the rest are loose/wobbly. I searched the web and found a site with replacement parts (not many hits), the kit is $57.67. shipping another $12.50. Not sure if this kit was for a single wheel assemble or all 4. The new model of this type goes for $179 at Home Depot.

So, I pulled off all the wheels, height adjustment crap. All plastic, except one metal cap to hold the wheel on, one screw, and one spring. The plastic shafts and inside the wheel bore are pretty badly worn, no wonder the wobble and slop.

I figure to replace the wheels with ones off my last dead gas mower (was going to pull them for a robot idea that hasn't gotten started yet). Just need to figure out how to mount them to plastic. Was wondering if anybody has been in this situation before, and any useful suggestions. Rainy season just started here, so mowing will be a weekly thing for a while. Kind of want to get this done quickly. My gas mower is a ***** to get started, and two lawns/week doesn't appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back