Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

better isolation solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you trying to accomplish with "isolation"? Do you want to break a common ground connection between a sender and receiver?

Last edited:
voltage follower circuit is mainly employed to prevent loading of circuit.When we go for transmission lines(RF frequency) optocouplers are used ,sometimes isolators/circulators are also used.So you need to be specific about your requirement & accordingly use the method.

voltage follower circuit is mainly employed to prevent loading of circuit.When we go for transmission lines(RF frequency) optocouplers are used ,sometimes isolators/circulators are also used.So you need to be specific about your requirement & accordingly use the method.

so for analog circuit involving voltage input, i could employ voltage follower circuit as a mean to isolate/buffer from the sender?

what is a circulator?

sorry, i trying to kill two birds with one stone and created some confusion.

sometimes i need "isolation to prevent sender from damaging my port", "buffer to reinforce the sender signals" and "buffer to prevent loading of sender circuitry"

Last edited:
what exactly are their differences? which is better? Tks

As other posters have mentioned, isolation removes the galvanic connection between two differerent circuits. Optocouplers, signal transformers and capcitive couplers are the most common circuits.

Buffering, on the other hand, you still maintain a common circuit connection, usually called "ground" or "common", but you add an intermediate, more sturdy stage to prevent loading and add protection.

From what I can gather from your posts, you need buffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back