Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best Sim Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucson Annie

Hi Guys,

I've been playing around with LtSpice for the last couple days and I don't really like it....I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a different sim package that doesn't break the bank, shallow learning curve and yet good enough for a noob like me....any ideas will be greatly appreciated as always!

Annie

LTspice is probably the best free tool out there, the user interface is not very intuitive so it will take some time to learn. Play around with the example files to get a feel for it. Just be persistent. Other than that I have no advice for you.

Hi Guys,

I've been playing around with LtSpice for the last couple days and I don't really like it....I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a different sim package that doesn't break the bank, shallow learning curve and yet good enough for a noob like me....any ideas will be greatly appreciated as always!

Annie

hi,
What type of circuits are you using LTS for.?
There a number of members on these Forums that could help you get to grips with LTS.

Hi Guys,

As some of you may know by my other posts, I'm super new to 'hands on' electronics, even though I've known the basic theory for years. At this very moment in time my main goal of sim software is to quickly draw up the silly circuits I build on my breadboard so I can share them with you all for advice and to run simulations....right now my study entails building 2 transistor circuits from books by Forrest Mims, messing around with LED circuits, building little Velleman amplifier kits, etc....eventually I want to be comfortable and knowledgeable enough to work on my guitar amps and build fun effects....but that is a way off...

:)

Hi Guys,

As some of you may know by my other posts, I'm super new to 'hands on' electronics, even though I've known the basic theory for years. At this very moment in time my main goal of sim software is to quickly draw up the silly circuits I build on my breadboard so I can share them with you all for advice and to run simulations....right now my study entails building 2 transistor circuits from books by Forrest Mims, messing around with LED circuits, building little Velleman amplifier kits, etc....eventually I want to be comfortable and knowledgeable enough to work on my guitar amps and build fun effects....but that is a way off...

:)
Post a schematic of one of your simple circuits. One of us can run a sim for you and post the .ASC file. You can learn a lot about how it's done by looking at what we did, and asking questions about any sources of confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back