Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bench PSU - USA Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Looking for recommendations for a bench power supply, 0-18V minimum, 0-3A minimum, with current limiting.

Preferably online order and delivery if possible?

Its for my tech colleague in the US, and I don't really know of many other online websites other than Digikey...

Something like this https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/b-k-precision/1550/BK1550-ND/1936375 but open to suggestions.

Side note: Where do you North American chaps buy your (low volume) components from? In the UK we have RS, Mouser, Digikey (ships here pretty easily), Rapid, Farnel etc. Whats the most prominent in the US?

Depending on his needs, these small modules from China are tough to beat. They are available in a wide range of maximum voltage and current capacities. You supply DC power at a greater voltage than you need and these modules supply easily adjustable voltage or constant current, adjustable to several decimal places.

You can limit max voltage, current or power. You just dial in the parameters you want. Cases are available separately that include a coolimg fan.

SmartSelectImage_2018-02-23-09-49-32.png

[Urlhttps://m.ebay.com/itm/Programmable-Constant-Volt-Current-Step-down-Power-Supply-Module-DC-50V-5A-E0W4-/351824924923?nav=SEARCH]Here is a link to one unit[/url] but search a bit to find the wide range available.

As far as suppliers go, I usually use Digikey and Mouser. Newark is my 3rd choice and Allied Electronics is the choice for some items.

For ebay-type stuff, Amazon is the option for rapid delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back