Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beer Pong Table With LED Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzox

First off hello I am new to the boards.

Now I am building a beer pong table and want to have leds mounted under the table so the whole underside of the table is lit up. I am new to led's and want to know what all I will need and also how can I hook up all of these leds? Also how many would you recommend to use under the table?

Edit: The table is 8'x3'

Last edited:
The thing with those strips is that its really expensive if i wanted to run this all around the table that would be 24 feet so 24 of those strips equals $360

You should buy a few types and see what looks good. I would be sure to consider the 24" ($7.75) LBR-24P or LBR-24 since it is 1/4 the cost of the 12" ($15) units.

If the lights are recessed, it should be possible to hide gaps, and you would need 8 of them (24" lights) for a cost of $62,

Last edited:
Christmas lights would be cheaper

but won't you need a transparent table top??

It seems to be a stupid way for dumb guys to get so drunk that they pass out.
And some die.

I found out today that a blood alcohol measurement of 0.4% kills you.
Been there, done that and survived, burp. But never again.

Here the legal driving limit for blood alcohol has been reduced from 0.08% to 0.05%.
Then you are legally drunk but don't feel it.

Which part of Canada are you from? I've always wondered...
I was born in Edmonton, raised in Vancouver (now it is Hongcouver) and worked and lived in Mississauga (a suburb of Toronto) for most of my life.

My wife was born and raised in Spain then came to Montreal as a young teenager. She still has family and many friends in Montreal.

I have been to Montreal many times. I chased the pretty girls in Toronto, not in Montreal (they speak a foreign language).

audioguru said:
I found out today that a blood alcohol measurement of 0.4% kills you.
Been there, done that and survived, burp. But never again.

Depends on tolerance, but sounds perfectly possible. Though blood alcohol level is best measured as a concentration (moles per litre) rather than a volumetric percentage in the blood, especially as tissue alcohol concentrations kill you, not blood concentrations. The standard LD50 value for ethanol is approximately 9-10g per kg of body mass (9-10g of alcohol per 1kg body mass will kill approximately 50% of a sample population). In England, the legal driving limit is 80mg/kg (of blood mass however, not body mass: i.e. 0.08% blood alcohol). Unfortunately it's difficult to relate the two together, and the only reliable way of determining how much alcohol an individual has in their system is by blood concentration.

Note also that most deaths from acute alcohol poisoning actually occur at lower levels because they die from associated toxic effects before the direct action of the alcohol: I believe one of the most common reasons is suffocating on vomit. Pleasant.

Sorry if that's a little off-topic. I'm a biochemistry student and I can't resist jumping on any biology talks that come up :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back