Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Pack Different Ampage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crea2k

Hi, I have a 12volt bullet / helmet camera, the battery packs I have for it are 1 x 12 volt pack which has listed on it 250ma and another battery pack that is 12 volt and says on it 2000mAh .

What I would like to know is...........

If I was to buy a battery pack listed as (Portable 12V Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Pack 4800mAh), would this extra ampage be ok, or would it damage the camera ?. The voltage is correct but im not sure if the extra ampage will only draw the current it needs and the extra will be fine or what will happen ?.

Many Thanks
Iain

As long as the voltage is correct, the camera will only take the current it needs.

Thanks for that, thats great help. Would this mean that the run time of the camera would be longer the higher the ampage is ?.
Iain :)

yes. If your new battery has a number that is twice as big the camera should last about twice as long.

Nobody makes a 12V Li-Ion battery. They are make an 11.1V battery that might not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back