Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery hole slots in Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltz

I've been getting to grips with the Eagle Board Layout tool but I can't figure out how to make custom holes in the PCB so I can solder wires to a battery clip, do I do this in the Board Layout or is there a component I can use in the schematic and if so which one

I can think of two ways to do it.

1 - You can create a new component and design the pads how you want them
2 - Directly on the board you can add a pad. You might get a warning about overlapping but just approve it.

Mike

The library "solpad" has a selection of connections. I generally use "pinhead" pin header library.

another way is using a two-pin connector and don't build in the connector to use the battery clip wires instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back