Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bat Repellent Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

I'm generating a square wave of 60Khz to 120Khz from a 5V logic circuit.What type of amplifier needed & what type of piezo/tweeter I needed to generate this sound?I can give power supply from 5V to 12V.

Just a 1W amplifier sufficient? like TDA2822?

A piezo tweeter is cheap so it has peaks and nulls in the audio band but almost no output at ultrasonic frequencies.
An ultrasonic piezo transducer produces an output at a narrow range of frequencies, usually 40kHz.
A TDA2822M amplifier IC is available only in a surface-mount package now and can have its channels bridged for more output level.
Half the output power of a squarewave is in its harmonics that a piezo transducer cannot produce so its output will be half what you think it should be.

My city got rid of bats by getting rid of mosquitoes with larvacide in all the drains and ponds.

A gadget similar to this did work excellent for my attic, confirmed, in a couple of days, bats were completely gone. Left permanently on and never returned. Bats are winged mice. There is many models and expensive ones with the same exact guts that do the same job. Sold several to people with same problem and got compliments for successful eradication.

----> **broken link removed**

A piezo tweeter is cheap so it has peaks and nulls in the audio band but almost no output at ultrasonic frequencies.
An ultrasonic piezo transducer produces an output at a narrow range of frequencies, usually 40kHz.
A TDA2822M amplifier IC is available only in a surface-mount package now and can have its channels bridged for more output level.
Half the output power of a squarewave is in its harmonics that a piezo transducer cannot produce so its output will be half what you think it should be.

My city got rid of bats by getting rid of mosquitoes with larvacide in all the drains and ponds.

Ok thanks.Now the design is clear.The only problem is the ultrasonic piezo. Its very hard to find. & most of them are 60W/40Khz...!!like this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/60W-28khz-...558936?hash=item1a02689898:g:yjYAAOxydlFSo~2S

Is there any alternative piezo device which is commonly available?

The 60W ultrasonic transducer is used in a liquid for cleaning things. Why do you want to clean dirty bats??
Where did you read that bats are repelled by very high frequency 120kHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back