Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ballast for electric jumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinloh

I found many 240V ballast for the Osram 18W downlight (more than 30) and I hooked 3 of the ballast in parallel using a 12VDC power supply, and sometimes I could see sparks jumping(mostly when I touch the terminals and let go it would create a spark). My question is whether which is better, hooking the ballast in series or in parallel to achieve a more powerful spark.

And also what would happen, if I connect the ballast to the mains 240VAC? Would it create a bigger, longer spark?

The electronic ballasts not isolated from mains, no possible the serial connection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back