Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Balance and Gate for Heavy Trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

omannct

Hello everybody

I am planning to do this project
I already collect all information and all specification of each item I need, but still something missing

I could not find the suitable strain gage and alarm
The stain gage should give us 5v for the maximum weight which should be between 0 and 15 kg.

You can see the attachmented files to get full idea about the project and the specification

Please check the circuit in the given files.
If you have any modification for the circuit or any addition please inform me because my experience does not help me that much and I'll be thankful.

circuit diagram:
diagram1122.jpg

more information about the project:
View attachment Introduction.doc

PIC microcontroller:
View attachment PIC Microconroller.pdf

for more information about pic microcontroller you can see:
**broken link removed**

hi,:)
The problem is that strain gauges or load cells will only output millivolt signals.
Much too low a level for the PIC's adc input.

You require a high gain amp [opa] to amplify the mV signals to a voltage level suitable for the PIC.

Do you follow OK.?:)

hi,:)
The problem is that strain gauges or load cells will only output millivolt signals.
Much too low a level for the PIC's adc input.

You require a high gain amp [opa] to amplify the mV signals to a voltage level suitable for the PIC.

Do you follow OK.?:)

we already followed your suggestion but can you tell us what is the suitable amplifier for us ?

we have found some strain gauges there output in volt but we didn't find the range which we want (200g to 15kg)

we already followed your suggestion but can you tell us what is the suitable amplifier for us ?

we have found some strain gauges there output in volt but we didn't find the range which we want (200g to 15kg)

hi,
Ref your PM.
A couple of questions, are you configuring the strain/gauge into a bridge or do you plan to use a single strain gauge element.?

Also what is the specification of the strain gauge,
ie: mVoutput per Volt, excitation voltage and the voltage required at the output of the amplifier.?

Knowing these parameters I could post a circuit diagram.:)

hi,
Ref your PM.
A couple of questions, are you configuring the strain/gauge into a bridge or do you plan to use a single strain gauge element.?

Also what is the specification of the strain gauge,
ie: mVoutput per Volt, excitation voltage and the voltage required at the output of the amplifier.?

Knowing these parameters I could post a circuit diagram.:)

we want to configure the strain/gauge into a bridge but if we didn't find it we will use a single strain gauge element if it can be used like a weight machine.

input 5v , output 5v , range 200g to 15kg

we want to configure the strain/gauge into a bridge but if we didn't find it we will use a single strain gauge element if it can be used like a weight machine.

input 5v , output 5v , range 200g to 15kg

OK,
Let me know which strain gauges you decide to use and I will draw up a circuit to suit.:)

EDIT: when you say 'heavy trucks' are these model trucks, because 15Kg is quite light weight, I weigh 85Kg!!!!

Last edited:
OK,
Let me know which strain gauges you decide to use and I will draw up a circuit to suit.:)

EDIT: when you say 'heavy trucks' are these model trucks, because 15Kg is quite light weight, I weigh 85Kg!!!!

we have decided to configure the strain/gauge into a bridge, can you help us drawing the circuit

about your note our project is only a sample (small size)

and its a simulation for heavy trucks

the trucks weight which we will use is not more than 15kg

we have gave you full information about our project, if you have any suggestions, advices, instructions or modifications going to improve our project we will be glad

thank you

we have gave you full information about our project, if you have any suggestions, advices, instructions or modifications going to improve our project we will be glad

thank you

ok,
Post details of the strain gauge or a link to the supplier.:)

I appreciate your helps but really till now I didn't find the suitable one which should deal with our circuit (PIC) and our specification(output 5v , minimum weight 300g or less , maximum weight 15kg to 20kg)" I think the suitable one should be digital to be able to read for PIC"
So if you can help us with that I'll be thankful
Also please check this stepper motor
TB6596FLG
and see wither it is suitable or not
If it's not please guide us

Last edited:
You may have to use an external A/D or scrap that ancient 16F84A and use a PIC with a 10 or 12bit A/D built in, the 16F88 is a good choice if you only need a few I/O pins. You can get high resolution A/D converter ICs with 8 to 24 bits of resolution.
Also you'll need a stepper driver, you can drive a motor directly with PIC output pins.

Can you help us to modify the circuit according to your idea to see which one is better for us???
I would like to inform you that we are technicians so my be our experience doesn't help us that much so please guide us with a small diagram if that ok for you
Moreover I am still working in my circuit so it'll be better if you modify it
Thanks

Can you help us to modify the circuit according to your idea to see which one is better for us???
I would like to inform you that we are technicians so my be our experience doesn't help us that much so please guide us with a small diagram if that ok for you
Moreover I am still working in my circuit so it'll be better if you modify it
Thanks

hi,
The limited information you are posting is not sufficient to enable me to design a strain gauge amplifier.
If you require to measure at load upto 15Kg using standard 10bit PIC adc, that will give a rough resolution of 15/1023 = 0.014Kg, say 15gm.

Is this resolution acceptable.?
Also if you make up a strain gauge bridge, will all 4 elements of the bridge be strain gauges or will it be 1 strain gauge and 3 high stabilty resistors.

What will be the bridge excitation voltage and OPA supplies.?

YOU must decide which strain gauges you plan to use.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back