Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR tiny11 LED phaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
Attached is the ASM code for my tricolour LED phasor, the code is in a pretty primative state because I'm new to ASM programming but it works fine.
Comments and suggestions from ASM programmers would be appreciated.

Right now it only does the three primary colours and uses a lot of code to do it. But it's modifiable for pretty much any colour. The sine table at the bottom is currently unused but will eventually contain a routine to take a byte from a counter and return the equivilant 'top' for making the glow a true sine function instead of the triangular one it is now (which gets bright way too fast) Also the button asignments are as yet unused. Will eventually be for a 'mode' and power function.

If anyone has a tiny11 and wants to try it just pop an RGB led directly to the I/O lines involved. I've found the tiny11's output drivers act as current sources for RGB LED's just fine without resistors when run at 5 volts.

Total cost of project, about $1.25 US (excluding power supply)
I've had this thing on the shelf for a while now, just thought I'd throw it on here to see if people want to give me some ideas, or code tips.

Attachments

• tiny11.asm
    3.2 KB · Views: 163
Got a picture of the phaser?

not phaser, phasor =) fades in, fades out. Guess that's not technically accurate as right now it's a triangle wave though. Sound a whole lot cooler than 'LED fader' though <smirk>
I'll post a pic tomorrow, Wife's sleeping and I don't wanna wake her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back