Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

automotive short circuit finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

guerreiro48

What can i do to build this instrument that could help me a lot to identify short circuits in 12 v and 24 v systems.
Thanks.

Wouldn't a 'multimeter' work well enough? Basic continuity and voltage shouldn't be much of a challenge for a $6 (canadian) meter. Been a while, never used one myself, but there use to be a simple tester that looked kind of like a screwdriver. The bit was a sharp point, inside the handle was a light bulb, and a wire with an alligator (roach) clip on the end...

Use an ammeter that you just place near the wire and a 10 or 15 amp circuit breaker that resets its self. Every time the breaker comes on and trips, the needle will jump in the direction of the short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back