Double check your circuit turns out these designs are for "A Circuit" Generators. It's where the regulator goes in the generator that makes it an "A Circuit" or "B circuit" Generators with the internal field connected to Positive D+ like these are considered "A Circuit" If yours is a "B circuit" the internal field connection is to ground so not any of the designs above would work. Not sure how to do a "B Circuit" as it would require a P channel Mosfet I think. Totally different. Kind of need to take a generator apart or measure the connections using a headlight and a car battery for a ohm meter as on a regular digital multimeter the field coil and armature are going to measure zero ohms.Thanks Danwvw appreciate. Yes I have a B-Circuit. I ordered the parts. I give you a message when I start and end the project.
beefto You should not have ordered the board so fast. I'll make a few immediate comments.
1. Mounting holes - Yes Mounting Holes!
2. heatsinks. NA (Not needed at least if the cutout diode does not mount to the board as it does need a heat sink!)
3. Traces may not be up to handing the current - especially the rotor currentNA (neither the field or rotor current go through the board.)
4. One pad on the rear looks suspicious
5. You should have done a "copper pour". This makes the board faster to etch because the unused area is filled with copper with a border around the trace perimeter. Great Idea!
6. High current and reference grounds need to be kept separate and joined at one spot. Yes but if the design was followed they were. (I haven't traced it out yet to see though.)
7. Dan should have checked over your schematic. I would be happy to.
Comments are general and not specific.
I learned how to do it the hard way with tape at 4x magnification at an Explorer's post at HP. Our group of 3 was the second to complete assembly and the first one working. One trace fell off and there were defective parts.
I too have been playing with easyEDA. Not so easy for me. I wanted to make a pad that needed to be 1.5mm fromthe edge and have a via not in the center. I was told to use polygons.
I have to make my own footprints and symbols even though I'm using very few parts. One board will have 3 IC's, a couple of LEDs, a few resistors, test points, and wire tie points. Essentially made similar to these: https://www.capitaladvanced.com/uni-sip.htm.
Today, I spent working on another schematic (reverse engineering) and found out that "grouping" isn't an option.
Hey, I fixed the device. It's been not working for 4 years, It happens to be a spare phone charger base which never worked from day 1. I'd love to figure out how to do simulations.