Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automation of MOLDING MACHINE using PLC and monitoring using SCADA technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

NABS

hello i m shoaib,
i need some suggestions and solutions regarding my FYP project....
i want to automate an injection molding machine using FATEK FBs PLC and i want to monitor it using PC. For doing this i m having some problems

(i) I can arrange only FATEK PLC ,so the problem is this that how i interlink my PLC with PC?
(ii) On which software do i have to make the graphical representaion on PC (like SCADA monitoring) which supports the FATEK PLC?
(iiii) Is there any thing else required to connect in b/w PLC and PC?
(iv) What r the other parameters which i can monitor on PC in an injection molding machie instead of TEMPERATURE,PRESSURE, and SPEED?

What interfaces are available on the plc for communicating with a pc?

Does it have a serial port? Does it have some other type of comms port...?

Where I work we have a gas compressor that has a plc, it outputs data via a Modbus link to a SCADA system...

As for software...umm we use proprietry s/w, DeltaV

As for parameters, I'd have thought press/temp and speed would be enough, but I guess you could measure the volume/mass of the feedstock?

yes it has a serial port.......and ethernet port as well.......
but i want to manitor the machine at a distance....so serial port would only use to
transfer the ladder logic program in PLC.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back