Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

auto range MULTIMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just buy an autoranging meter.... my gosh they cost a dime a dozen anymore for a basic featured meter! I don't think you could purchase all the parts as well as the effort to making a pc board for what you'd spend on a ready-to go cheapo meter! That is unless this is for a school project or you're determined to undertake this project just for $hits and giggles!

He wants to waste batteries by powering old 7-segment LEDs.
Remember LED watches??? LED Calculators??? Battery manufacturers were laughing.:D :D

actually, the battery part came about because I pointed him to an app note for a battery powered autoranging DVM that uses the LCD version of the chip he has. the autoranging part would be the same. he rejected it as being to hard to understand (of course, it is a bit complex but I guess mastering something new isn't of interest here).

yes, he should buy an autoranging DVM but I think the instructor would take a dim view of that that.

... that is if there is an instructor involved at all!

... and audioguru, I do remember and happen to still have a red LED calculator, the HP-25C programmable, mfg.d way back in the mid 70's!!! Hewlett Packard had the foresight to include ni-cad batteries and a wall wart. It's larger brother flew on the later Apollo Missions as backup should an on-board 'puter fail.

I added a 100uF supply bypass capacitor to my LED calculators to make their batteries last 3 times longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back