Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Mixer advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make an audio mixer, 2 mono inputs, 1 mono output. Is an op amp the best IC to use for a mixer, or are there ASICs out there that are better?

I'm thinking about using circuit 2 from the website below:

Simple Mixer Schematics

I've never used audio op amps before - do I need to pay attention to different selection criteria than general purpose op amps? I don't need a lot of power, since these are going to headphones and a recording device - do I need to be careful about the output impedance?

Thanks!

I want to make an audio mixer, 2 mono inputs, 1 mono output. Is an op amp the best IC to use for a mixer, or are there ASICs out there that are better?

An opamp is the right part for the job, if you wanted to use an ASIC it would be a called an opamp.

I'm thinking about using circuit 2 from the website below:

Simple Mixer Schematics

I've never used audio op amps before - do I need to pay attention to different selection criteria than general purpose op amps? I don't need a lot of power, since these are going to headphones and a recording device - do I need to be careful about the output impedance?

Try the Texas TL072 or TL082, these are double opamps, and should be fine.

You need more power to feed headphones, the opamp won't do - but it's fine to feed the recording device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back