Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amp Component Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here's the board. Tear it up.

Attachments

• Schematic.JPG
    Schematic.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Both1.JPG
    Both1.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Both2.JPG
    Both2.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Top2.JPG
    Top2.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Top1.JPG
    Top1.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Bot1.JPG
    Bot1.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Bot2.JPG
    Bot2.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 124
I have never bought from that Italian manufacturer because the datasheets are missing important details and are fuzzy. The English (translation?) is also poor. I have never seen or heard a TDA2003 IC.

Hey there everyone. Sorry to bring back a semi-dead thread but I finally got around to building this project. I just wanted to thank everyone again for the advice and also show off the results. As Audioguru predicted, it sounds pretty terrible. But, my friend is no audiophile and since it fulfilled his request, he couldn't be happier. I etched the VW symbol into the aluminum enclosure with ferric chloride. First time I used that nasty stuff for anything other than making PCBs. It came out OK. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_4491.jpg
    IMG_4491.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 162
  • 100_1105.jpg
    100_1105.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
  • 100_1117.jpg
    100_1117.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4492.jpg
    IMG_4492.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4489.jpg
    IMG_4489.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4484.jpg
    IMG_4484.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 147
  • 100_1115.jpg
    100_1115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 163
Hey VNE147, just reviewed this thread. Nice work!

Now hopefully I can build something similar for 4 channels at about 25-50w per channel.

I am very NEW to this circuit building stuff. Like I said before, I know the very basics, but I literally have no clue what each capicitor's function is in this (or any amp) circuit.

VNE147:
Terrific-looking project, awesome! I wish my projects loooked half as good as yours.
I didn know FeCl would etch aluminum, that nasty stuff will attack almost anything!

How did you make the PCB? the lettering registration is pretty good.

Now hopefully I can build something similar for 4 channels at about 25-50w per channel.
The supply voltage in a car is only 13.8V that limits the power into a 4 ohm speaker to 14W when using a bridged IC amplifier.

Higher power can be achieved when the supply voltage is increased and more powerful amplifiers are used.

VNE147:
Terrific-looking project, awesome! I wish my projects loooked half as good as yours.
I didn know FeCl would etch aluminum, that nasty stuff will attack almost anything!

How did you make the PCB? the lettering registration is pretty good.

Thanks! I didn't know about the aluminum etching until recently either. I thought I'd give it a shot. For the PCB, I used Press & Peel Blue that it transfered to the copper clad board by running it through a laminator. Works like a charm! A few months ago I succesfully transferred and etched an MSOP-10 foot print using that method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back