Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

at89s8252

Status
Not open for further replies.

thendo

hi!

it's me again, this time i was wondering if i am able to connect a Switch(input) and a base a a transistor for selecting 7-segment display(output) all these in one pin of the AT89S8252 port1.

how will these work?

your response is highly appreciated!

Can you re-frame your question? I am not able to udersatnd what you are asking.

Me again!

i'm asking if it's possible to use a pin as an input and output at the same time. my input is a switch and my output is a base of a transistor(To select one of the 7-segment displays).

1-PIN = 1 SWITCH + 1 TRANSISTOR.

how will it work?

It might depend on what type of transistor you use and what state the pin is when the switch is close..... It might work as long as you make sure that the switch doesn't trigger the transistor.

Ivancho

Yes it is possible through multiplexing. See this schematic and code. It just does what you are looking for :
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back