Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM Cortex-M3 DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
DOes anyone know if the ARM Cortex-M3 has a barrel shifter or MAC? I don't seen it anywhere but I seem to be under the impression that it has them.

DOes anyone know if the ARM Cortex-M3 has a barrel shifter or MAC? I don't seen it anywhere but I seem to be under the impression that it has them.
All ARM cores have a limited barrel shifter accessed with the multiply instructions. I forget which argument is the 8 bitter, but it takes one or two cycles + 1 for each 8 bits of the 8 bitter while the other can be as large as you want in all ARMs with more extensive multiply instructions available depending on the core version.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/02/QRC0001_UAL.pdf
ARM Information Center

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back