Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone Recognize this Logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobW

This is a pulse transformer probably made in the late 1970's or early 1980's. Can anyone identify the company?
XFMR001.JPG

First things first, it was made in December of 1973.

As for the logo, I wonder if it stands for ACME Electric...?

What's the full part number on it? Or is it only the 02-170?

Last edited:
Good point about the date. I should have recognized the date code. ACME Electric does have a similar logo, but not quite the same, and quite a different product line. So I don't think it's the same company. The only numbers are what can be seen in the photo, so I assume that 02-170 is the part number.

BTW, there isn't any critical need to find an exact replacement. I was just curious if the company is still around.

Last edited:
at one time i worked for a company that did prototyping and test jig construction. i had a set of books with contact info and catalogs from all the US electronics manufacturers. one of the books had a section that identified company logos. that logo looks familiar.

edit: it's either Acme Electric who made transformers and inductors, or Allied Electronics who manufactured a lot of different components in the 60s and 70s

Last edited:
at one time i worked for a company that did prototyping and test jig construction. i had a set of books with contact info and catalogs from all the US electronics manufacturers. one of the books had a section that identified company logos. that logo looks familiar.

edit: it's either Acme Electric who made transformers and inductors, or Allied Electronics who manufactured a lot of different components in the 60s and 70s
Allied was my second guess, but like Acme, the logo doesn't match. I thought maybe they used a simplified stamp because it was more difficult to print their actual logo on the part. Not sure though.

unclejed613 I refer to this page:

I think it was Alpha. Alpha made transformers of various types. They are no longer in business and a new alpha electric is now the parent company of Greenley and Southwire.

I think it was Alpha. Alpha made transformers of various types. They are no longer in business and a new alpha electric is now the parent company of Greenley and Southwire.
i think you're right about that. there was a big turnover in parts manufacturers in the 70s and 80s. when i worked for that prototyping company, we had a contract for a test jig that had a multi-deck rotary switch that was of very specialized construction. the BOM didn't have manufacturer's names, but 5 digit FSCM codes (Federal Supply Codes for Manufacturers). that set of books i mentioned also had manufacturers listed by the code numbers. when i looked up the manufacturer of the switch, they were no longer in business. however using the books, i was able to identify 3 or 4 spinoff companies, and one of them actually still made the switch.

Maybe they're called Vishay now. :D
Anyway, thanks everyone for the suggestions. I guess, if I need a replacement, I can probably find a different mfgr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back