Anyone Recognize this Logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobW

This is a pulse transformer probably made in the late 1970's or early 1980's. Can anyone identify the company?

First things first, it was made in December of 1973.

As for the logo, I wonder if it stands for ACME Electric...?

What's the full part number on it? Or is it only the 02-170?

Last edited:
Good point about the date. I should have recognized the date code. ACME Electric does have a similar logo, but not quite the same, and quite a different product line. So I don't think it's the same company. The only numbers are what can be seen in the photo, so I assume that 02-170 is the part number.

BTW, there isn't any critical need to find an exact replacement. I was just curious if the company is still around.

Last edited:
at one time i worked for a company that did prototyping and test jig construction. i had a set of books with contact info and catalogs from all the US electronics manufacturers. one of the books had a section that identified company logos. that logo looks familiar.

edit: it's either Acme Electric who made transformers and inductors, or Allied Electronics who manufactured a lot of different components in the 60s and 70s

Last edited:
Allied was my second guess, but like Acme, the logo doesn't match. I thought maybe they used a simplified stamp because it was more difficult to print their actual logo on the part. Not sure though.

unclejed613 I refer to this page:

I think it was Alpha. Alpha made transformers of various types. They are no longer in business and a new alpha electric is now the parent company of Greenley and Southwire.

I think it was Alpha. Alpha made transformers of various types. They are no longer in business and a new alpha electric is now the parent company of Greenley and Southwire.
i think you're right about that. there was a big turnover in parts manufacturers in the 70s and 80s. when i worked for that prototyping company, we had a contract for a test jig that had a multi-deck rotary switch that was of very specialized construction. the BOM didn't have manufacturer's names, but 5 digit FSCM codes (Federal Supply Codes for Manufacturers). that set of books i mentioned also had manufacturers listed by the code numbers. when i looked up the manufacturer of the switch, they were no longer in business. however using the books, i was able to identify 3 or 4 spinoff companies, and one of them actually still made the switch.

Maybe they're called Vishay now.
Anyway, thanks everyone for the suggestions. I guess, if I need a replacement, I can probably find a different mfgr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…