Anyone Know The Component??

Status
Not open for further replies.

**broken link removed**

I found this circuit diagram on the internet but it don't have the part lists.
I found out that the sensor using is the LDR and the IC is op-amp 741.
Unfortunately i don't know what is the transistor using and the value of the resistors
Anyone know what is the transistor used and value of the resistors can tell me pls

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found out that when the transistors are removed the circuit still working (Test with software)
Anyone can tell me actually what is the uses of transistors in this circuit?

Last edited:
Any transistors with a high enough current and power rating will probably do.

What's it supposed to do anyway?

This looks like some kind of solar tracker.

The motor will need to be to be able to run off 6V or less because of the losses inside the op-amp and driver transistors.

Oh yeah..This is a solar tracker circuit.
Can give some example model of the transistor? XD

Oh yeah..This is a solar tracker circuit.
Can give some example model of the transistor? XD

Assuming it's a small motor, say 200mA maximum, BC338 and BC328 for NPN and PNP respectively.

Last edited:
You can use a 9V or 12V motor, if you like, but with a 9V battery the maximum voltage to the motor will be 6V.

This is a really brain dead circuit. The opamps are being used as comparators, so the motor is continuously being driven full-on ClockWise and the full-on CounterClockwise, called "hunting" in the servo industry. The machine will shake itself apart. Each pair of detectors need to drive two comparators set up with some deadband in the middle, so the motor is driven, and then shuts completely off. This would be analogous to having a furnace and a air-conditioner in your house wired to a single thermostat, such that the air conditioner runs when ever the furnace does not.

This was recently covered in this thread in the Renewable Energy Forum

Actually i want to use half of the circuit only because i thinking to make the single axis solar tracker.

**broken link removed**

Here is the circuit that tested with the software and the variable resistor is to adjust turning speed of the motor.

like said before, comparators ain't good for trackers.. the oscillations will make it really a nuisance. And I don't think motor speed can be controlled like that. Nice picture though.. you drew it yourself?

like said before, comparators ain't good for trackers.. the oscillations will make it really a nuisance. And I don't think motor speed can be controlled like that. Nice picture though.. you drew it yourself?

I can adjust the sensitivity of the sensor to reduce oscillations right? Or you got any suggestions?
I draw this by software and tested the motor speed can be controlled

The 1M resistor is not needed and will stop it working, the transistors are configured as emitter followers so need no base resistor.

The circuit needs a bipolar power supply: two 12V batteries are required.

I don't know much about this but others here seem to thing this circuit isn't very good.

Perhaps they could post some better ideas?

If this is intended to be a solar tracker, there needs to be conditions under which the tracker will NOT be moving, ie when the array is pointed at the Sun. In this curcuit, as pointed out by mikemi, there is no "dead" band where the tracker will stop moving. The only states are "move east" and "move west" The system will continuously be attempting to seek the sun's position, back and forth, and never stop.

If i don't put the resistor over there the transistors will boom.

If i put a cardboard between 2 sensor it won't stop also? When two sensor expose to same amount of sunlight the motor suppose to stop not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…