Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone is familiar with fingerprint scanner????

Status
Not open for further replies.

say_hoe

I am currently working on my final year project.it is something to do with fingerprint scanner.Where can I get the scanner and how to program it so that it can match the fingerprint on the scanner with the stored data?which programming(C++,VB or other else) that i have to use?Any website contains information about this?Thanks for your time :D

One company who manufactures FingerPrint sensors is ATMEL. Try visiting its website www.atmel.com. You can use either microcontrollers or your PC for your purpose. I think uC would be a good solution. Because spending $$$ in a computer just for fingerprint scanning is foolishness and wastage of resources unless you want to keep a large database of fingerprints. But even newly availabe Flash Memories can also do the job. For programming C or C++ is far better compared to VB. Vb can't access serial or parallel port directly (i.e. without any ActiveX).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back