Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any advice on identifying the HV wires on an old flyback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds good too. Especially if it's the exact number part that I'm looking for . How would I be able to give you my address? I wasn't sure if I could post information like that here on this form. Let me know. And thanks again.

That sounds good too. Especially if it's the exact number part that I'm looking for . How would I be able to give you my address? I wasn't sure if I could post information like that here on this form. Let me know. And thanks again.
I don't exactly know if you can post that kind of stuff on this forum, (new here myself). I guess I could give you my email. Its rayboslet@gmail.com

Okay then I can just go ahead and submit all that information at your email address in a few moments here. I know I'm going to need this part in order to get any kind of picture on the TV.

I have currently been working with another flyback which looks just like that one. And I paid $30 for it plus shipping. But it's wired up differently inside than the original one is.

And I'm a little bit worried about trying to modify it in order to get it to work in the receiver. And I figure I don't want to damage anything in this television by trying to install another part which might not be the correct one for it.

So let's just go ahead and see if we can take care of this at the email address. And thanks so much again.

Hello. Ditto. I could really use one of those transformers as well for a failed unit. please and thank you. 115876.

Attachments

• 85A6769A-D89C-4EF2-BD3C-93C69EE5E935.jpeg
    85A6769A-D89C-4EF2-BD3C-93C69EE5E935.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 171
  • C7FB53BF-5070-4235-8770-D580E68C4CC4.png
    C7FB53BF-5070-4235-8770-D580E68C4CC4.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 2B337FDC-1540-4DA4-AEE2-B3E85583A51C.png
    2B337FDC-1540-4DA4-AEE2-B3E85583A51C.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 158
Hello. Ditto. I could really use one of those transformers as well for a failed unit. please and thank you. 115876.
I'm currently all out of that flyback, except for the one in my tv. If you want I could try to re-wax it for you. (might solve issues with shorts in the secondary)

Thank you, I appreciate the offer. It’s pretty burnt & haven’t had chance to see the extent of carbon arching, etc. I’ve peeled & re coated others, but a replacement would’ve been great. Thank you again.

I keep reading on the internet about how these RCA flybacks have been so prone to failing. Not sure if it was because of design. Or hot and humid weather.

But one thing I have noticed on receivers like mine is that there doesn't seem to be any ventilation holes in the metal housing which surrounds the flyback and the high voltage tube.

And I had thought about drilling ventilation holes in the metal housing before I installed this part. But then I dropped that idea altogether. Worrying that I might be running the risk of starting a fire since the cover is so close to the back of the cabinet.

I've only operated the new flyback for about 25 minutes and then turned the receiver off. Since I still have more work to do on this television in the future. Hardly using it at all right now.

I had to really clean out the inside of the high voltage box before installing the new flyback. Had to get rid of the burn smell from the other flyback.

Also spray painted the inside and outside metal cover where the 3A3A tube is installed. And really gave a good cleaning up of all dust and grime on the chassis as well as the inside and outside of the cabinet.

I can't wait until warmer weather gets here so I can start refinishing the whole cabinet.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1614534978269.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614534978269.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 152
  • FB_IMG_1614534988197.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614534988197.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 144
I keep reading on the internet about how these RCA flybacks have been so prone to failing. Not sure if it was because of design. Or hot and humid weather.

But one thing I have noticed on receivers like mine is that there doesn't seem to be any ventilation holes in the metal housing which surrounds the flyback and the high voltage tube.

And I had thought about drilling ventilation holes in the metal housing before I installed this part. But then I dropped that idea altogether. Worrying that I might be running the risk of starting a fire since the cover is so close to the back of the cabinet.

I've only operated the new flyback for about 25 minutes and then turned the receiver off. Since I still have more work to do on this television in the future. Hardly using it at all right now.
yeah, these flyback's were extremely prone to failing, usually due to lack of ventilation, humidity, the hv circuit being set wrong and a whole host of other problems.

I had to really clean out the inside of the high voltage box before installing the new flyback. Had to get rid of the burn smell from the other flyback.

Also spray painted the inside and outside metal cover where the 3A3A tube is installed. And really gave a good cleaning up of all dust and grime on the chassis as well as the inside and outside of the cabinet.

I can't wait until warmer weather gets here so I can start refinishing the whole cabinet.
Is there any chance you could post the spec sheet for the flyback if you have it, (couldn't find it on the internet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back