Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxuriesPremier

Hey any idea how to build a antenna amplifier... a simple one that doesn;t require complex I.C.'s unless it is a LM DIP. Oh yeha antenna amplifier would be used for a T.V to boost my signal and get better reception . Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated

There is a simple kit for this available in Australia. Its powered via the coax cable and just has a tiny chip and a few capacitors in it.
Do a search fot TV masthead amplifier kits, perhaps you find one in your country.

I agree with Russlk, simply buy one - you're probably not going to be able to make one which works as well as a decent quality commercial one, and you won't have the equipment to align it. Construction is also highly critical, particularly at UHF (although you don't give any clue as to the frequencies you need to boost) where you use 'lecher lines' (just pieces of straight wire or PCB track) rather than coils.

The best type to buy are masthead ones, with a power unit at the bottom, setback amplifiers are pretty useless as you've already lost too much down the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back