Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another TV Celebrity Has Passed Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah wouldn't really count him as a celebrity, but he did seem like a nice guy.
Any human that's on television, especially dozens upon dozens of times everyday on multiple networks is a celebrity to me, regardless whether they advertise, interview, dance, act, or announce news.

Now Carl Malden passed away ... he was a fairly famous movie actor. Sheesh, in the past two weeks quite a few celebs have passed away.

Now, where's Space Varmint and his conspiracy theories? ;)

People are not made to last more than about 80 or 90 years.
Some go sooner and others go later.

At least the autopsy and toxicology report did not find Oxy Clean in his system!;):D

The way he always shouted about it on the commercials I suspected an Oxy Clean OD did him in myself! ;)

What frustrates me is that when some guy who yelled at a camera to make millions dies, people lose sleep. Had it been some Joe Blow who works 50 hour weeks just to get by, we would have never known he even existed.

Its not like were all bawling about it, were just talking about him. With the guy who isn't famous the people who knew him care a lot.

What frustrates me is that when some guy who yelled at a camera to make millions dies, people lose sleep. Had it been some Joe Blow who works 50 hour weeks just to get by, we would have never known he even existed.
I simply respected the man's inherent talent. He started out pitching at county fairs and ended up on national networks making millions. He's left his family with a void, but at least they are far better off economically than how the 50 hr./wk. worker likely leaves his family. Both types are missed just the same by their loved ones.

Now your comment would better serve towards Michael Jackson -- Jackson fans are the ones losing sleep, taking Prozac, and creating memorials to the "moonwalker".

Last edited:
I was addicted to the show "pitchmen." BTW, if he wasn't a celebrity before the show, he certainly was once the show began to air. He was a very generous, giving man who spead alot of positive energy and made many people smile. I'll miss his happy demenor and enthusiastic personality.

Discovery Channel is airing a special on Billy Mays, this Thursday, July 9th at 9:00pm EDT.

I plan to watch it. Aside from his loud voice on commercials, he was a soft spoken man and well liked by many, many people in his personal life.

Are you sure? :confused:

I see personal prejudices voiced here all day long! Pointless nit picking, Pooh poohing of ideas, censorship, constant bringing up of pointless rules, laws and whatever from locations not relative to the subject at hand, Blah Blah Blah. :(

Personal prejudices run rampant here! :eek:

My 20 cents (2 cents adjusted for inflation and service fees).:)

Discovery Channel is airing a special on Billy Mays, this Thursday, July 9th at 9:00pm EDT.

I plan to watch it. Aside from his loud voice on commercials, he was a soft spoken man and well liked by many, many people in his personal life.

I'll be watching. Billy obviously loved what he did, loved meeting people, both his fans and the enthusiastic inventors, whom he would help to bring their ideas to market. He loved the moment when he got to tell them that their dream had come true, an event he would usually mark by producing champaigh glasses and a bottle of his finest. He loved a crowd and making his pitch. In the last episode, he pitched some of his favorite products just to demonstrate the process. His 'friend' planted some agitators in the crowd to try and throw Billy off his game, but he handled the plants with grace. Later, when they came clean about who they were, nobody smiled bigger at the joke than Billy himself. He loved practical jokes, especially when he was the victim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back