Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another interesting find from auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

Hey all, again nice find from local auction: some cind of telephone-connection/''router''. sorry, i don't know what is it in english ;D. but, here's the photos of it, feel free to comment.
and, why i bought it? just for curiosity/education, and the fact it was only about 20€ so not bad, considering good box, toggle switches etc....
the model is Televa RKL-203

Here's the case, pretty sturdy, metal case, couple scrathes, but hey, its all from use.
https://oi46.tinypic.com/2qvttw5.jpg

Couple of relays and some cind of control boards revealed when i opened back panel.
https://oi45.tinypic.com/23s189.jpg

The wiring side of previous mentioned relays/PCB's
https://oi48.tinypic.com/2nupufl.jpg

And, of course the main control panel wiring
https://oi50.tinypic.com/34tc21t.jpg

I used to have some of those old relays many many years ago. My uncle gave me them to mess about with.

I used to have some of those old relays many many years ago. My uncle gave me them to mess about with.

are they any good? i mean do they latch well?

I couldn't really tell you - this was around 35 years ago and I had very little in my "inventory" to power them.

Trying to make up my mind if you are looking to start a museum, or a business in opposition to Steptoe and Son :)

Maybe you just have a very big house!

Trying to make up my mind if you are looking to start a museum, or a business in opposition to Steptoe and Son :)

Maybe you just have a very big house!

oh no, my ''house'' is pretty small, all my equipment and ''junk'' are in my living room, i just am too cheap to throw anything away :D. and what comes to business/museum, that's not my straight purpose, i like to do this kind of self-educating, buy random electricity stuff, and ''don't turn it on-take it apart''-style. and this does'nt come surprise: i love flea markets and other stuff like that :D.

oh no, my ''house'' is pretty small, all my equipment and ''junk'' are in my living room, i just am too cheap to throw anything away :D. and what comes to business/museum, that's not my straight purpose, i like to do this kind of self-educating, buy random electricity stuff, and ''don't turn it on-take it apart''-style. and this does'nt come surprise: i love flea markets and other stuff like that :D.

Yes, it is good fun, the problem comes when the house becomes to small for all the spare parts.
I spent most my life in SA, my wife is from the Philippines, both places we had plenty of space. For the moment we are based in the UK, and find it hard to get used to the small spaces. (to buy a house with the space we are used to would cost about £700k, out of our range :) )

As for throwing things away, the things that are thrown out here is almost criminal. The organisation I work for threw out tables and chairs as they were the wrong colour for a new "boss", we have to throw out working appliances (stoves, TVs, electric tools, washing machines, mixers, deep fryers, microwaves etc) that have been updated. In other places, they wouldn't be replaced until they failed to work after many repairs.

Have fun while you have the chance :)

Hi fezder. Would you please upload the photos to ETO instead of to tinypic? Click the "go advanced" button at the bottom of the post, and click the paperclip. The photos will show up automatically, and they will not expire. Tinypic deletes your photos after a certain amount of time, so chances are if someone finds this thread a year from now and clicks the link, they won't be able to see the pictures.

Tinypic is really only good for short-term photo sharing, like in a chat. But in a forum, it's better to upload them to the thread.

Thanks,
Matt

Whoa, thanks for info, that really came in need. I've been using tinypic for some time, got comlaints about adding photos directly to posts (no complaints here at ETO), and i saw that some attachments....vanish. newer knew that tinypic expires...

Whoa, thanks for info, that really came in need. I've been using tinypic for some time, got comlaints about adding photos directly to posts (no complaints here at ETO), and i saw that some attachments....vanish. newer knew that tinypic expires...

Yup, it's an annoying feature of the site. But the administrator of this forum was nice enough to include an "attachment" feature where you can upload the photo locally and attach the actual image to a post. Makes things much easier, and it doesn't expire ;)

Hope this solved some issues.

Regards

hmm, it seems only 3 attachments are supported as maxinum?

and just saw, my files are too big, 4mb JPEG limit is filled....drat, gotta make em smaller :S...

hmm, it seems only 3 attachments are supported as maxinum?

and just saw, my files are too big, 4mb JPEG limit is filled....drat, gotta make em smaller :S...

I think you can only upload three at a time, but once you have them uploaded and attached, you can go back and upload more. I think you're allowed to have up to 6 images, but it may be 8. Can't remember exactly.

Matt

Ah, now it worked, thanks for tutorial :D.

Attachments

• RKL_01.jpg
    RKL_01.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 262
  • RKL_02.jpg
    RKL_02.jpg
    982.3 KB · Views: 255
  • RKL_03.jpg
    RKL_03.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 256
  • RKL_04.jpg
    RKL_04.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
The relays probably have 48v coils, which makes them a bit hard to use in most projects. Some will still work with 24v on the coil.

Re the photos, another good idea is to reduce the photos size to 50%, they fit on the screen better and will be 4 times smaller in bytes (ie 4 times faster to download). To reduce them to 50% size only takes a couple of clicks in a photo editor software (like the software that came with your camera). :)

The relays probably have 48v coils, which makes them a bit hard to use in most projects. Some will still work with 24v on the coil.

Re the photos, another good idea is to reduce the photos size to 50%, they fit on the screen better and will be 4 times smaller in bytes (ie 4 times faster to download). To reduce them to 50% size only takes a couple of clicks in a photo editor software (like the software that came with your camera). :)

strange voltage on coil, but well, i have some which have 18v coils...
i use format factory, i dont have any better software right now, i got this camera from flea market (surprise...) by about 20€, without software, its data cable input is broken :D. but at least SD card place works :).

Irfanview is good for this kind of use, easy to adjust the size, and easy to adjust the compression, and will batch process

Resize

Win XP SP3 here.

All my reports include pictures, LOTS of them, which are received from surveyors always by email.

I use Irfanview for all but resizing which is done through an add on from Microsoft, "Resize pictures" (Google for Power toys).

It is fast and flexible.

One of your pictures resized to 640 x 480.

Attachments

• RKL_03.jpg
    RKL_03.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 258
ok, thanks for info :) i'll try those out

strange voltage on coil, but well, i have some which have 18v coils...

Yeah on real old telecoms equipment where all the logic/switching was done with hand switches and relays they just run the relays directly on the main 48v bus power, and in some cases it is the only PSU voltage available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back