Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another ICSP programming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to try the pk3 debugger a few days ago but noticed that the tmr1 external input was on RB6/PGC so thought I could not since I was using that input. Now as I looked at several other data sheets for pics that I have on hand, that is the case with most of them. Makes a good case for choosing your pic carefully after deciding what the program will do. I've started using the 18 series and wish I never had to see another 16.

I was going to try the pk3 debugger a few days ago but noticed that the tmr1 external input was on RB6/PGC so thought I could not since I was using that input.

PGC is only used for programming the chip. Once it's programmed, you can use that pin as RB6/tmr1 interrupt. I don't even think you'd need to disconnect the PK3. As long as the PICkit isn't using PGC (programming), the external interrupt should work as normal.

PGC is only used for programming the chip. Once it's programmed, you can use that pin as RB6/tmr1 interrupt. I don't even think you'd need to disconnect the PK3. As long as the PICkit isn't using PGC (programming), the external interrupt should work as normal.

ICD uses PGC and PGD.

Last edited:
ICD uses PGC and PGD.

That's true. If you're using the PICkit as a debugger you might have a few issues, but for normal operation it isn't a problem.

I just ordered a couple 18F24k20s. They have the PGC and PGD on pins that shouldn't be needed for anything else. I've been wanting a 28 pin 18 series anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back