Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Android TV box fliker

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmdmasud

Hi..
I bought a Android TV box and connected it to my LCD TV via HDMI. Problem is when ever I turn on or off any switch insider or outside the room the screen will go black for few seconds. When the AC turns on or off, door bell rings etc the screen will go black.

I read it's related to EMI so I bought a HDMI cable with two ferrite core at both ends. Inserted a ferrite core in the power jack, used difference power supply but it still flickers.

Please help to suggest what else can be done.

Best regards.

Yes they are connected to the same power strip.

Try a new/different power supply for the aandroid TV. It may have bad capacitors on the power supply which is especially problematic if you have a poor source of wall power.

Check your outlet...

1) Measure the voltage at the outlet

If it is ok for your region of the world,
2) get a volt meter that measures min/max and measure your outlet to see sags when you turn on the power. If so, you need to check other outlets to see if it is your whole house (and you cannot do anything about it). If it is limited to a few outlets, you have a structural problem.

Try a new/different power supply for the aandroid TV. It may have bad capacitors on the power supply which is especially problematic if you have a poor source of wall power.

Check your outlet...

1) Measure the voltage at the outlet

If it is ok for your region of the world,
2) get a volt meter that measures min/max and measure your outlet to see sags when you turn on the power. If so, you need to check other outlets to see if it is your whole house (and you cannot do anything about it). If it is limited to a few outlets, you have a structural problem.
I bought a HDMI to Vga converter and connected it to the Vga Port of the Tv and the problem was solved. So it turns out the HDMI port of the TV is faulty. With Vga input picture is a bit soft, I will buy a bit expensive converter and hoping for a better sharper picture.

did you try hdmi2 ? i have seen on tvs where hdm1 has some strange ackronym starting with 'A' on it, not sure what it is but i do know its more sensitive ..
.. however it is more likely the problem is on the power feed circuits of your tv where there is a blown filter that should be supressing the noise from the light swithches

did you try hdmi2 ? i have seen on tvs where hdm1 has some strange ackronym starting with 'A' on it, not sure what it is but i do know its more sensitive ..
.. however it is more likely the problem is on the power feed circuits of your tv where there is a blown filter that should be supressing the noise from the light swithches
My TV has 2 HDMI the other one is totally dead I mean it says unsupported signal.

My TV has 2 HDMI the other one is totally dead I mean it says unsupported signal.
I have another Sony LCD TV its not that old it has internet Browning etc. It has 4 HDMI it detects my Android TV box on all 4 ports but the display remains black the HDMI icon for connected Port become active. Should I buy high speed HDMI cable from Sony?? The 2 cables I have are cheap once.

lol, well speaking from my one time experience where my customer had this problem after a lightning strike is what leads me to believe equipment issw, also i do know a faulty cable can cause the flicker you describe but it is at a more constant frequency...

I would say you have tried 2tvs and 2 cables .. go after the box next .. swap it out with another hdmi device like a blu ray player or game console ... get a working test system then when you got something working you can swap and test things better

lol, well speaking from my one time experience where my customer had this problem after a lightning strike is what leads me to believe equipment issw, also i do know a faulty cable can cause the flicker you describe but it is at a more constant frequency...

I would say you have tried 2tvs and 2 cables .. go after the box next .. swap it out with another hdmi device like a blu ray player or game console ... get a working test system then when you got something working you can swap and test things better
I have a Nikon camera with mini HDMI it also doesn't work on both TVs. It shows different result in different ports. Very confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back