Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I can't for the life of me figure what the heck is going on here. I used these before not any problems today they run foe a bit and burnt up the part in the picure
I think its cap but maybe not.
They where wired up right.
20160815_202829.jpg

Looks like a tantalum electrolytic capacitor that has suffered thermal runaway- a not uncommon event.

spec

Depending on fault condition My guess is that ripple current was excessive if the servo load was high. Ensure the voltage rating has extra margin for back EMF and very low ESR.

Well I know it was wired right that's for sure but I used a new power Supply
And it showed 5.19 volts but it looked like with my scope that it's was letting ac by so with my dvm I was getting almost 9 volts AC too I most times use a old cell phone one that was rated for 800 mA but couldn't find it last night. And used a new one that came in a starter kit for my PI.
Well I think I have this figured out when the motor pined to the stop it drew to much current and the 2 amp 5 volt supply let them have it LOL .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back