Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog and digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramygammal

hey,I am asking about the difference and which is more used(digital pr ananlog) and why? and more information please.
I have finished in first year in electronics department in cairo university ,and i am going to take a courses in electronics,i have found analog and digital course,so i want to know the difference between them and the relation between them,Please.
Thanks in advance.I am sorry for my level in english as I am still learning it as a forign language.

hey,I am asking about the difference and which is more used(digital pr ananlog) and why? and more information please.
THat is totally dependent on what you are using it for. THat's like asking what is more useful, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering?

I have finished in first year in electronics department in cairo university ,and i am going to take a courses in electronics,i have found analog and digital course,so i want to know the difference between them and the relation between them,Please.
Thanks in advance.I am sorry for my level in english as I am still learning it as a forign language.

With a digital course you deal more with things likelogic gates, computers, microcontrollers, networks- anything that processes information using 0s and 1s. With analog you deal more with things like frequencies, harmonics, oscillators, filters, amplifiers, radios, microwaves, lasers, and electromagnetics. Digital seems to be much more popular because it is more widespread and easier. However, that also means that though it might be easier to find a job, you are also a lot easier to replace. If you can get a grasp of analog at a high level (something like RF or radios) that means you will always be able to find a job and will be very hard to replace.

Last edited:
hey,I am asking about the difference and which is more used(digital pr ananlog) and why? i am going to take a courses in electronics,i have found analog and digital course,so i want to know the difference between them and the relation between them,Please..

I would sugest take them both if that is posible

what more usefull is, is more a question what you want to do

still than you will find out that whatever direction you take the other one is always close by and interfering with it

Robert-Jan

Aristotle, or one of those other classic Greek guys once said. Knowledge is enlightenment. They were smart guys and I would listen to them. Like Jan said, take both :)

Hey ramygammal , not to worry which to choose ... It is so simple. As you know there are two categories 1.Anolog
2.Digital
To make you more appropriately the things which include 0's and 1's are digital in nature eg. microcontrollers , processors , digital Ic's etc. The career options like embedded engineer , chip desinger etc
But in analog the things slightly changes because we are using analog mainly for communication say for antennas , theory related to antennas , even though internal circutory employs digital signal systems after antenna every thing is analog there you need to be precise with some electrical concepts.
So don't go with its publicity but choose which ever you are very interested with like .Is that you are interested in subjects like digital electronics(gates ,flip flops,multiplexers) or radio engineering(osicillators, amplifiers, multipliers,modulators) which includes basic communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back