Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An opamp supply limit in the differential amplifier mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesam_m

Hi,

I have a sensor which is connected to +12V and it shows some small variations at the output.

I have an opamp which I have configured in AC input, inverting amplifier. therefore I should supply it with the load voltage and then find the best value for + rail (by default the half of the VCC which is 6V), something like the figure below, but the opamp maximum supply is 3.3V. I am bounded to use this opamp and I can not change the sensor voltage.

rqyc_design1.gif

is there any method to fix this problem?

You don't mention what opamp you're using?, is it rated for use at 3.3V? (which sounds extremely low), you probably need to find one that will work from such a low voltage.

Please recheck the "max Vcc = 3.3v". Maybe the output goes to a micro computer that runs on 3.3v.

If senser lives at 12v and op anp lives at 3.3v, there is no problem. The capacitor removes the DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back