Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An amp question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemozabi

i have an amp for a car stereo and i wanted to hook it up in my house so that i could test stuff out or just use it on speakers i have in the house. will this work??? if so what do i need to make it work. i think i remember it having spots for a ..12v..ground...rep(or somethin i cant remember) any ways let me kno if this is do-able.

-Larry

You'll require a 12V high current power supply (if your car battery is of 12V). A computer SMPS would be best to use.

i thought SMPS are not good for amp, that you need VERY high value caps for filternig and for having some energy stored because the amp has a vrery fast change in current.

Ni, I think SMPS are better than transformer PS for amps. They can supply transient currents required by amp. But for good undistorted sound quality a small bank of caps. is always required. My friend has a 50W+50W amp. which runs on SMPS with a small bank of 10,000uF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back