Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Air Conditioning/Evaporative Cooler Suggestions

Please help

My Coleman ac unit compressor keeps shutting off after about 4 hours and blows hot air. The outside temp has been in the mid 90's. This has

been one of my biggest concerns when leaving my dogs alone while I am at work and this nightmare happened fortunately while I was home

otherwise my dogs would have perished.

I am looking for suggestions for a portable ac unit or evap cooler to use instead of the Coleman ac unit so I don't have to worry about the

pups when I am at work.

Please help

My Coleman ac unit compressor keeps shutting off after about 4 hours and blows hot air. The outside temp has been in the mid 90's. This has

been one of my biggest concerns when leaving my dogs alone while I am at work and this nightmare happened fortunately while I was home

otherwise my dogs would have perished.

I am looking for suggestions for a portable ac unit or evap cooler to use instead of the Coleman ac unit so I don't have to worry about the electric coolers?

pups when I am at work.
Thanks for any input you may have.

The capacitor is usually metal can like tomato paste or bigger with 2 or 3 wires. shops with parts for microwave ovens and appliances often carry these but it needs to be matched by them if you can find someone to take it out. Overheating is a safety shutdown feature to for the compressor to prevent a fire. When cap. wears out, the motor has to work harder. Most likely this.

Be sure the condensor fins (outdoor) are clean & clear of debris. If you can't adequetly cool the refrigerant the internal pressures continue to rise, both on high side & low side until you trip the internal high temp cut-off switch.

I had another thought that could contribute to high head pressure and elevated temps. I noticed that you changed your condenser fan motor. If you put the fan blade on backwards when you reassembled it, it would not move sufficient air to cool the refrigerant when the outdoor temps are high.

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back