AFSK with Picaxe (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerTango

I was curious, if anyone was doing any sort of FSK or Bell 103 type modulation and/or demodulation with the Picaxe?

I am wanting to be able to send digital data over audio using the Picaxe as the MODEM.

This would be for ham radio, I want to be able to use it either FM or SSB (2m and HF).

If not, is there anyone interested in co-development of something like this?

The objective is to have a minimalist circuit design. Something in the likes of the 20X2 would be a nice target chip to use.

Thanks for viewing,
Andrew

I would think it's quite possible. Something like a Bell 102 FSK only requires a single 1200Hz pulse or two 2200 Hz pulses to represent 0 bit or 1 bit.

And it should be pretty easy to generate either pulse pattern using the PIC PWM module or CCP module and timer interrupt, even if the BASIC interpreter is a bit slow.

Would you care to collaborate with me and whoever else is interested in tinkering with a project of such?

Generating it is probably plausible, but receiving it isn't - and he asked for using it as a MODEM, not just a transmitter.

Sorry Nigel I was under the impression from his first post it was to "send digital data over audio" which I took to mean a very basic "send" FSK.

RogerTango- Sorry I'm not interested in collaborating on the project, I don't use PICAXEs.

You might want to google a bit around the HAM sites for people sending digital data over the radio, as there is probably quite a few projects and products out there already.

Microchip has a dsPIC Soft Modem Library.
**broken link removed**

The PICAxe is a fun beginners chip but it's like a bike with training wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…