Aerial Socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter5355

Can anyone help Please??????

Bought a double Wall Aerial Socket only one of the females work I am in the UK maybe that is my problem.

Any wireing diagrams would be helpfull

From

Peter

What are you trying to do?, a double wall socket probably requires two feeds for both sockets to work - depends on the exact socket, and what you're wanting to do.

2 feeds

Nigel Goodwin said:
What are you trying to do?, a double wall socket probably requires two feeds for both sockets to work - depends on the exact socket, and what you're wanting to do.

Thank you for your answer
I am trying to get 2 females to work off from one feed so that I do not need a Y connector what you are saying I need to have 2 feeds for each female work

A simple "Y" connector will not impedance match. You need a splitter. Check here:

**broken link removed**

Note that a two-way splitter will reduce the RF signal by 3Db on each output.

Regards,
Bob

peter5355 said:
Thank you for your answer
I am trying to get 2 females to work off from one feed so that I do not need a Y connector what you are saying I need to have 2 feeds for each female work

It depends what exact socket you have, the normal one just has inputs for two separate wires, or you can get them with a splitter built-in, or with a diplexer built-in (TV/FM).

The one I bought is this one so I need two feed cables

with two completely separate coax sockets and screw terminals at rear for two separate cables. Overall size 86mm square. Depth from rear of plastic face 15mm.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…