Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aerial Socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter5355

Can anyone help Please??????

Bought a double Wall Aerial Socket only one of the females work I am in the UK maybe that is my problem.

Any wireing diagrams would be helpfull

From

Peter

What are you trying to do?, a double wall socket probably requires two feeds for both sockets to work - depends on the exact socket, and what you're wanting to do.

2 feeds

Nigel Goodwin said:
What are you trying to do?, a double wall socket probably requires two feeds for both sockets to work - depends on the exact socket, and what you're wanting to do.

Thank you for your answer
I am trying to get 2 females to work off from one feed so that I do not need a Y connector what you are saying I need to have 2 feeds for each female work

A simple "Y" connector will not impedance match. You need a splitter. Check here:

**broken link removed**

Note that a two-way splitter will reduce the RF signal by 3Db on each output.

Regards,
Bob

peter5355 said:
Thank you for your answer
I am trying to get 2 females to work off from one feed so that I do not need a Y connector what you are saying I need to have 2 feeds for each female work

It depends what exact socket you have, the normal one just has inputs for two separate wires, or you can get them with a splitter built-in, or with a diplexer built-in (TV/FM).

The one I bought is this one so I need two feed cables

with two completely separate coax sockets and screw terminals at rear for two separate cables. Overall size 86mm square. Depth from rear of plastic face 15mm.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back