Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding more idea/function on water sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPA4FTW

Okay my lecturers had given my class a project and i must done the project within 15 weeks. My partner told me to do a water sensor with him and our lecturer agreed on it but he told us to add more extra ideas or more functions or more different circuits combine with the water sensor project

I would need some help on this.....

college year 1 ...... i was thinking to add solar battery or solar battery charging into the combination.. what do u guys think i should add circuits or other things for water senSor

college year 1 ...... i was thinking to add solar battery or solar battery charging into the combination.. what do u guys think i should add circuits or other things for water senSor

The prof is attempting to get you to think. This is YOUR chance to shine. Think about the application of your sensor and it will help you determine what else would be useful.

It will also tell you if it makes sense to add solar. Without an application not much can be said.

Sounds like a good project with lots of add-on possibilities. But first define specifically why and where you want you sensor to detect water.

Rain, flooding basement, water container levels....?

It gets easier once you know what you want to happen. (Besides getting a good grade.) :)

Ken

Who uses large amounts of water on a daily basis?

As with any design project it is the end user who has the ideas,
your role is to figure out a way to make it work the way that 'they' (the end user)
wants the system or device to function.

Ok so what should i add things in the circuit ?

You still have not defined what it is you wish to accomplish. We cannot help you if you do not tell us.

Sounds like a good project with lots of add-on possibilities. But first define specifically why and where you want you sensor to detect water.

Rain, flooding basement, water container levels....?

It gets easier once you know what you want to happen. (Besides getting a good grade.) :)

Ken

My friend can think of just to detect water in a watercontainer levvel or rain or basement and thats it .... we would also add some flashing LED to the sensor speaker. So that it give us a light warning and also a sound . we would also like to add a solar panel to the top which is water resistant so that it can charge the battery during theres light going on. I need more help on the additional circuit or components and ideas ><

our lecturer told us to add more things such as components or different circuits combination of the water sensor . But what can i add to it ?

How about, when you detect water, a valve opens that will drain the water.

You should be able to find a valve for around $15.00 dollars. Check home depot. Are you in U.S ?

So right now i really need some help getting more stuffs or circuits or anything combination of the water sensor

solenoid valves used in washing machines are not that expensive +/- $5 a $7

Just an other idea (and i know there is a market for)

level sensor with heater element switched like you have a stable temp in a continous flowing resoirvoir

think about it
posibilitys to make a nice project are many

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back