Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Fixed Temperature Switch Circuit - 26C/100W ? Please suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

vobla

I am looking for a simple Fixed Temperature Switch circuit that would turn on a 220V AC 100W lightbulb if temperature goes bellow 26C.

I know how to program something like that with arduino, etc., but there must be a simple, elegant, few component solution. please help!

I use "Sonoff TH10, or TH16".
It is a box that gets programmed by the phone for turn on temp, turn off temp & time of day. It can work over the internet or not. (small box with external temp sensor)

Next picture is what I use for the chicken heat and cooling. It cannot be controlled by remote. Simple to set the temp.
b29d7c96-f990-466e-adae-92f709a3e231_1.85948db68df23c8d9025fd91c9076ca0.jpeg

House thermostats are built for 24Vac and most will not work directly at 220Vac.

House thermostats are built for 24Vac and most will not work directly at 220Vac.
That's a USA standard - most central heating controls in the UK (& Europe?) are designed to directly switch 220 - 240V.

A basic UK style room thermostat such as this should work fine:

Full specifications:

Thanks everyone, I used a bimetal 0-45C thermostat that took a little while to adjust, but once dialled in it's giving me a consistent interval of 23C-26C oscillating every 30mins. Might add some thermal mass to my insulated box to prolong this interval.

display

All in all, very pleased with results. Thank you again for this suggestion. I really like that this is a simple one component solution that will run reliably for ages.

IMG_20230418_171312.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back