Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC-DC PSU 15V, 2A - Where to buy a compact module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccardo

Hi,

Does anyone know of something to convert 240V mains to 15V DC at upto 2A? I want it to be as compact as possible.

I've been looking for PCB mounted modules but the price and size of them seems ridiculous. For example; Farnell sell a VTX-214-030-115 for £20.

You can buy a whole bench PSU rated for the same power for only a little more, or you can buy wall plug type PSUs for a fraction of the price with the same power rating.

Problem is I want to mount something on a PCB. The VTX-214-030-115 is the closest I have found. Can anyone suggest an alternative that is smaller/lower cost?

I bought some little (wall adapter) switching power supplies from a surplus electronic parts store that were made for powering Name-Brand dial-up modems. They are set at 5V/2A but the label says it can be set to 3V to 36V/15W. I paid $1.75 for each one and I got a few of them. But you want 30W which is a lot more.

Hi,

Does anyone know of something to convert 240V mains to 15V DC at upto 2A? I want it to be as compact as possible.

I've been looking for PCB mounted modules but the price and size of them seems ridiculous. For example; Farnell sell a VTX-214-030-115 for £20.

You can buy a whole bench PSU rated for the same power for only a little more, or you can buy wall plug type PSUs for a fraction of the price with the same power rating.

Problem is I want to mount something on a PCB. The VTX-214-030-115 is the closest I have found. Can anyone suggest an alternative that is smaller/lower cost?
Thats a lot of power, I think I would put it off the board, a lot cheaper that way. Have you thought of open frame switching power supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back